Thursday, April 20, 2006

Remembering Sasha

6 years ago today Aliy and Raven were barely 4 weeks old. And I was so thankful they and their siblings were here. Without them I don't think I ever could have gotten thru that day. Or the ones that followed. 6 years ago today was the day I lost Sasha, the dog I thought I could not live without.

Sasha was my heart and soul. I never bred her, but every dog that has come into this house since that day, carries a piece of her pedigree.

Aliy and Raven's grandmother Desti was Sasha's niece on one side and Sasha's half sister on the other side. Kelly's double grandmother Cuddles was Sasha's half sister, Ilsa's grandfather was Sasha's half brother, and her great grandmother was Sasha's half sister. Max and Babe both double up on Sasha's family lineage, with her relatives on both sides of their family tree.

And Pumpkin, acquired when I knew Sasha's remaining time was not long, is not only Sasha's relative, but also Sasha's daughter, in spirit if not by blood, and she does well carrying on the legacy of dogs who are too smart to be trusted.

Read more about the amazing Sasha here and here.