Monday, January 24, 2005

Surprise!

Guess who came in season a few weeks earlier than expected?

Raven.

After breeding only 3 litters in 14 years of sammie ownership, I'm now going to (hopefully) breed two litters in less than one year. Raven will be five in March so it's now or never for her.

I expected Raven to come in at the very end of January or early February, but last Friday I thought I saw a little blood. Sure enough she is in season. I figured maybe we'd be doing a breeding next weekend, but according to Icer, Bandit and the cytology we did earlier today, it looks like she will be breedable sooner than that.

We paid a visit to her boyfriend Riggs (CH T-Snow Star's Tak'n It Beyond) this evening just so they could get accquainted and we actually came close to a breeding but Raven chickened out at the last minute. She is just not quite ready YET. The two of them were very sweet together and really seemed to like each other a lot. Lots o ear kissing and play bowing and dancing around.

I'll take Raven back up to see Riggs on Wednesday where she will most likely spend a few days. (Mike, this means I will NOT be in class on Wednesday!!) Hopefully we will get a few breedings and we'll have puppies in late March!! Yes, Raven will have her own blog just like Aliy did and we'll resurrect the puppy cam too.